About Our District
Amityville was settled in 1657 and the first schools were active in 1862. The community is located in the southwest corner of Suffolk County on the beautiful Great South Bay. Today, with a population of more than 20,000, the Amityville Union Free School District includes the Village of Amityville and portions of North Amityville and East Massapequa.
The Amityville Union Free School District is supported by a $97,130,734 school budget. The district is presently upgrading its buildings through a $69.9 million bond referendum passed by voters in March 2016. Approximately 3,150 students are serviced by the district's five public schools:
- Northeast Elementary School (Pre-K Center)
- Northwest Elementary School (Grades K, 1 and 2)
- Park Avenue Memorial Elementary School (Grades 3, 4 and 5)
- Edmund W. Miles Middle School (Grades 6, 7 and 8)
- Amityville Memorial High School (Grades 9, 10, 11 and 12)